Nuffnang

15 February 2014

Valentine's Day at Miam Miam Penang Part 1

The reason why I named it part 1 is because we actually didn't finish the whole course as we were in a rush to catch the movie "That Awkward Moment" at 10:05pm. We arrived Miam Miam at 8pm and we didn't expect we would actually eat for over two hours lol cause we have no experience in celebrating Valentine's. Despite dating for over 2 and a half year, we missed celebrating V's as we were both working in the first year in different places, him in KL while me in Penang. In the second year, V's day happened to clashed with CNY where I had to head back to my hometown and that's how we missed the second V's.

Let's get back to the part where we waited 20 minutes for our desserts after our main course and it was already 9:45pm. Boyf checked with the waitress and she said we have to wait for another 20 minutes which we will obviously be late for our movie and I'll have to rush back to Gurney in my heels uglily as I'm still not used to wearing heels. Thus, boyf said he'd like to cancel the desserts, TWO desserts! And my first thought was "naaawww, there goes my desserts", but luckily, the considerate staff said we could retrieve the desserts during the next visit for free! Thumbs up for the services. So this is the LONG reason why I have to separate them into 2 parts. You can also read about my first visit HERE.

Before proceeding to our seats we were required to sit on the love chair and take picture and here's the outcome!
Me and my valentine.

Together with a handkerchief rose, the V's menu and a box of chocolates which looks like a condom box to me at first *laugh* not sure if they purposely make it this way lol.

Lemon squash for the boyf and berries smoothie for me. Boyf's drink was really sour so don't order it if you can't handle sourness. Mine was sweet and it tasted really good with strawberry and blueberries on top as if it's specially designed for girls' liking.

Mushroom soup which is not bad for me as it has tiny bits of mushrooms in it.

Wafu Salad. Those who know me will know that I really dislike eating vege. So I was like (O_O) when it was served, boyf was happily forcing me to finish all of it urgh. Luckily there was sauce underneath them so it tasted quite good to my surprise, the sauce tasted salty like the soy sauce we find in Jap restaurants. Salty and sour food always open up my appetite so I'd say good job for this one. In the end I finished everything except for the cucumbers, a big achievement for myself. 

Fruit sorbet. This was the last appetizer before the main course was served. It sort of functioned to freshen my tongue and taste bud so that I can indulge more for my main course.

Boyf's Lobster Bisque Pasta with giant tiger prawn. The soup was rich in lobster taste as normally it is prepared by cooking the lobster with boiling water in order to obtain their flavour, just like how housewives usually boil soup with bones. It was creamy but not greasy! Boyf said it was good.

Pasta Pescatore with king prawns and Alaskan scallops. The portion was big and I thought I couldn't finish it but I was wrong about myself lol. It was a tomato based pasta and I usually prefer creamy type of pasta, but this tasted good actually especially the scallops as they have fully absorbed the tomato paste. 

Boyf was peeling off the prawns's skin for me, such a small yet lovely gesture :) Loveyou!

Cancelled the desserts and skipped to the last course which is coffee and tea. Boyf has a high expectation for coffee and he said his coffee was good based on the beans they use I suppose. It was served together with cold milk inside this cute little milk pitcher!

Tea in a pot for me. Not a professional tea drinker so I'm not really sure what to expect. It smelled nice and the taste was quite soft, guess it was meant to be that way so I had to add a teaspoon of sugar just to make it taste stronger.

In overall, it was a really satisfying Valentine's dinner for both of us, despite the waiting time for the desserts, I'd say Miam Miam had given us a very great first experience on V's day, the services were good and I really love how they take Valentine's seriously that they gave rose, chocolates and a picture that marked this special day. I also like how the waitresses/ waiters make sure that every couple is happy, checking tables whether their food is arrived, or what to serve next. Thank you for the wonderful Valentine's dinner!

2 comments:

  1. wow you are so fast to post up Vday celebration! anyway happy belated vday! haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha because I have so much free time! Plus I really enjoyed the dinner so I was hoping to post it up ASAP :)

      Delete