Nuffnang

9 February 2014

Miam Miam Cafe & Restaurant at Paragon, Penang.

I guess most Penangites probably know about Miam Miam Penang cause it has been operating for quite some time now since June 2013, and I know I'm sort of outdated cause some of my Facebook and Insta friends have already tried it out a long time ago. Some say it's good, some say it's overrated, and I guess some are like me, didn't bother to give it a try until mom suggested, so why not? Yay or Nay? Let's find out!
Love the mouth watering menu! 

My plain looking iced matcha latte, well the taste is expected, matcha with milk, just like the green tea frap from Starbucks. I actually wanted to order iced matcha latte with SOFTEE, you know with ice cream on top :( Somehow I managed to mislooked and misordered because iced matcha latte is located directly above the softee one on the ordering sheet, their ordering sheet is so narrow maybe because they wanna squeeze everything into one page. It could probably be my own fault as well cause I went "ya, ya, ya" when the waitress was repeating the order. Lesson learnt: always double check everything and pay attention T.T

Mom's Miam Miam Spaghetti. The egg yolk is supposed to be stirred together with the spaghetti, but it was like 70% cooked when it was served. Still, my mom loves it! It was fry with bacons, eggplants, tomatoes and as you can see it was sprinkled with Japanese seasoning, it tasted quite salty but sure is an appetizing dish. 

My Country Style Clam Chowder Pasta. The creamy sauce did not taste greasy at all because it is cooked in a more soupy way and it has a strong flavour of milk, I have my thumbs up for this one. 

Vanilla Souffle. "The original flavour, made with homemade vanilla custard and folded with light and airy meringue". Initially I thought the layer on top is as normal as a sponge cake, turns out I was wrong! The entire thing is so soft and fluffy as if I'm eating tofu!

Look at the tofu-like texture! But, I couldn't really taste the vanilla flavour in it as I could only detect the taste of egg white, it's still good tho, it is also available in matcha and chocolate flavour. 
In overall, the food and dessert were good, drinks are pretty average for me, price would be on the higher side, great environment and services, it's a Yay from me! 

 Yours truly, was having a bad hair day :/

No comments:

Post a Comment