Nuffnang

15 October 2013

Morganfield's at Queensbay Mall, Penang.

It was actually a last minute plan to have our lunch here BUT I was really excited about it cause I've been longing to try their ribs! And now that they have opened a new branch at Queensbay there's no need for a 45 mins trip to Paragon, how convenient for me :D
(Photo source: Queensbay Mall)
It used to be Station One and somehow I'm quite glad that Morganfield's took over the place lol
As you can see on their signboard *Home of Sticky Bones*, how can you not try out their sticky bones aka ribs!

My mom ordered Smokin' Duck Salad for herself. 
(Smoked duck on a bed of mixed salad, cucumber, tomatoes, sesame seeds, spring oninos, red chillies, hard-boiled egg and century egg served with soy vinaigrette).
The smoked duck was so delicious that it tastes like bacon! The sauce given tastes like vinegar which matches well with the salad, even a anti-vege eater like me took a few bite of it.

Oh did I mention we went with one of mum's friend? Now that I have, he ordered Hickory BBQ Spare Ribs which comes with coleslaw and fries. He likes how he can easily tear the meat off the bones! I didn't have the chance to have a taste of it cause.. well it's kind of awkward for me lol but mom did try a small piece of it and she said it was OK for her and it was not as good as my ribs (which will be introduced very soon)!

Smoked Peppercorn Spare Ribs which comes with vege and mashed potatoes.
By far the nicest ribs I've ever tried! (umm this is my first time having ribs lol)
I don't really like the potatoes here cause it's too dry for me and almost tasteless, Chilli's is still the best for me. But I DO love the ribs alot! People who like spicy or black pepper must definitely have this! As I said the meat can be easily separated from the bones and I can taste the spiciness of black pepper in every bite. The sauce used in marinating the bones is very appetizing until I couldn't stop licking my fingers (yes I eat with my hand)

Now here are some goods and bads of the branch in QB:
-They have washroom in the restaurant, which is very convenient for people who eat with their hands.
-They have wifi service and television which shows Tom & Jerry just now.

-Air con is too cold, I almost shiver when I came out from the washroom.
-Some service crew are not efficient, mom's friend asked for a refill and the drink hasn't arrive for around 10 mins, I think they need to hire more staff based on the size of the restaurant.     

No comments:

Post a Comment