Nuffnang

10 March 2014

Tsuruya Japanese Restaurant at I-Avenue, Penang.

So mom and I have made our first visit to Tsuruya Japanese Restaurant, hoping we could find a Japanese restaurant around us (Bayan Baru) that can satisfy our taste buds since both of us do not like Sakae Sushi and Sushi King, and we always have to drive for 30 mins or more just to dine in our fav Jap restaurants which are Sushi Zento and Sushi Zanmai. Well, after the first try, I'd say we still need to drive a loooong way for Jap food. Continue reading to find out why :)

Even though it is a Jap restaurant, they are selling some Korean dishes as well.

I like their special seating but somehow we were arranged to the normal seating, naaawww maybe because there were only two of us :( be sure to take off your shoes if you happen to get the special seating.

Chawanmushi which was included in my rice set but it was the first who arrived, the wait for food seems to take forever. Despite the waiting time, it tasted pretty good, I'd say this is the nicest among other dishes.

Chicken Teriyaki & Enoki Bata Set. "BBQ Chicken and golden mushroom fried with batter". The chicken tasted rather normal and too salty for my liking, while the golden mushroom tasted quite good at first with light and creamy buttery flavour, but after awhile it turned greasy and oily. This set costs me RM26, quite affordable actually but not sure if it's really worth the price, mom said she could cook the same thing with much lower cost.

Mom's Tonkotsu Ramen, took a sip of her soup and it tasted quite good with a hint of spiciness from black pepper, somehow mom said the ramen was tasteless as it failed to absorb the flavour of the soup, couldn't agree more on that, I still think Nippon Yataimura serves the best ramen. 

Okonomi Yaki. Only took a tiny small bite of it as my tummy overloaded, nothing that attracts me and same goes to mom, it tasted so-so for her, end up we couldn't finish it and had to takeaway. 
Thus, these are all the WHYS mom and I would rather drive longer and spend more money on really delicious Jap food. To be honest the environment is great and the prices are affordable, but when it comes to food, it's a major turn-off.

No comments:

Post a Comment