Nuffnang

4 August 2013

Yellow House in Relau, Penang.

This is my first time visiting this cafe and I didn't even know its existence until my mom told me. It is located in Relau area among a lot of shoplots and you hardly notice about it because it is located in the second floor.
(you can find the full address at the end of this post)
See what I mean?

Luckily they use this cardboard to attract people, or else it can be really hard to be found. 

:(
 What I saw while climbing up the stairs.
The moment you step foot in it, it will be totally different from the outside, it's small but the environment is great, it's quiet and smoke-free, it serves a variety of light things such as cakes, sandwiches, toast, and some main course like spaghetti and rice with affordable prices!

The design and display inside:
Inspirational quotes on the wall.

LOTS of photographs on the wall

A small corner to enjoy yourself without any noises from the traffic outside.

It is a suitable place for kids too! They can enjoy reading comics and trying out the juice/ cakes :)

The counter

The bar 

Okay I seriously don't know how to elaborate more on the displays, but seriously it is a great place to chill and a great choice for people who enjoy quiet surrounding! It provides free wi-fi and power sockets so students and workers can actually do their assignments or work here as well! It is much quieter than Starbucks and their wi-fi speed is fast. For coffee lover, you can come here and try out their coffee (which some I do not even hear before).  

 MENU
According to the owner, those under the "single origin" category are beans from different countries and as you can see there are different types of serving method, and I understand none of them lol.

And finally it has come to the food section.
Caffe Mocha. I like it because it smells really nice and it was not too sweet for me, and the owner obviously knows how to make a nice cup of coffee, look at the art! For people who do not like coffee, they have chocolate drink and fruit juice as well. 

 French fries. The sauce is not the ordinary ketchup, it's their home made sauce I suppose. My mom loves the sauce and she couldn't stop dipping it. It tastes like ketchup and you can actually taste some tiny pieces of tomatoes and some other ingredients in it. 

Rice set. The chicken and sauce have a little bit of spicy flavouring and I like it, but I hope they can come out with more western main course :)  

Mini pizza with curry chicken toppings. It is actually made from healthy wholemeal bread from the famous Rainforest Bakery with cheese, chicken and other ingredient which cut into cube. My mom actually requested them to change the toppings from tuna to chicken as my mom doesn't like fish, so if you have any problem with the ingredients used, you can try to negotiate with them and they will prepare it the way you like. SO NICE RIGHT?!

In overall the food and drink were good and the prices are cheap without any government tax and service charge, the first impression was good so there's no reason that will stop me from visiting them again! 
To know more about Yellow House, you can visit their Facebook page HERE 

29-2, Hilir Paya Terubong,
Jalan Dato Ismail Hashim,
11900 Bayan Lepas.

Their operation hours are different every day, do check out their Facebook page for more updates.


No comments:

Post a Comment