Nuffnang

24 August 2013

大碗公 Tua Wa Kong, Penang.

Any hokkien mee / prawn mee lover out there? I myself is a great fan of hokkien mee and I used to eat hokkien mee for almost every day when I was in high school! So a couple of months ago there's this shop named Tua Wa Kong which sells rice and not to forget HOKKIEN MEE! At first I was like "it's just another hokkien mee seller la.." but I decided to try it out myself after I've read through the positive comments from other blogs.

It's not merely a stall in a hawker centre but a shop! If you would like to enjoy your bowl of hokkien mee in a clean and air-conditioned environment then this is the place!
(scroll to the end for full address) 


 They open every day from 11am.-11pm except on Tuesday.

The order is taken at the counter as they do not have menu on every tables. 
The menu can be easily understood even by first timer.

They even have dried hokkien mee! And a variety of eggs to choose from, this is a good news for me because I do not fancy hard boiled egg yolk, for people who are similar to me you can choose to have boiled egg or spring egg.

You can even choose the types of noodles too, which is also a good news for picky people (like me).

After you have placed your order, just wait for the red doughnut to vibrate.
Interesting password ey?

Took some time walking around and taking pictures of the interior before the food is ready.

A lot of people from different countries have left notes on the walls, is the food really that nice?!
Lets find out. 

Before that, let me introduce the two types of chilli paste, MILD and VERY HOT & SPICY. 
Obviously the spiciness are different for people to choose from. 
For my mom and I, we choose the VERY SPICY one (because we want to be very hot).

I ordered soup hokkien mee with pork, vermicelli (bihun), and boiled egg! RM8.50 
Look how gorgeous my egg yolk is! The price is higher than hawker stalls but the portion is BIG as well! I feel so bloated when I finished it. The chilli paste is quite spicy for me but not so spicy for my mom. 
(she added 3 spoonful lol)

Bf's order. Dried hokkien mee with pork, yellow noodle, and spring egg. RM8.50
Spring egg is like those you found in most Japanese ramen. I took a slurp at it and it was okay for me. Bf thinks it was oily and the portion is also very big for him as he struggled to finish it. 

In overall all of us prefer soup hokkien noodle and mom thinks the price is reasonable due to its portion and environment, Wi-Fi is provided as well! Mom says she will revisit them again and so do I! For non-noodle lover they sell rice too so do check them out ey!

Address:
22, Jalan Krian (8 Row),
10400 Penang,
Malaysia.

No comments:

Post a Comment